Rubber and Tire Mold Cleaning
Whether manually guided or fully automated – laser cleaning provides excellent results when cleaning tire molds. The molds can be cleaned flexibly and easily during installation with manually guided processing optics.
The sensitive mold surfaces are cleaned without wear. The profiles are not deformed internally as the laser radiation generates no forces. Damage-free and residue-free laser cleaning is possible even when installing micro-solvents.
Advantages of Laser Cleaning
- The flexibility of use proves to be a particular advantage due to the diversity of mold and profile geometries.
- Compared to conventional particle or ice blasting processes, the running costs of the cleaning laser process are negligible.
- The laser process is not only damage-free but also virtually noiseless.
- Thanks to its compact design, the Chutian Laser can be used flexibly even when limited space.
- Depending on the degree of dirt, the mold’s size, and the laser’s power, the cleaning time for a tire mold ranges between 25 and 75 minutes.
- Automatic cleaning of tire molds in the disassembled state
- Manual guided cleaning of tire molds in the disassembled state and in situ in the curing press
- Marking and labeling of molded parts
- Laser marking of tires
- Adhesive pre-treatment of tire interiors for the application of air pressure control systems and RFID sensors
- Full surface adhesive pre-treatment of the inner surface of tires for the application of run-flat structures
- Cleaning of steel molds for the rubber mold product industry, such as O-rings
Adhesive pretreatment of metal parts for rubber-to-metal parts production